Friday, April 26, 2019

The Light's Green: Team Sonic Racing Overdrive Returns


Another AMAZING animation in anticipation for Team Sonic Racing has been released. Part 2: Eyes on the Prize.


Honestly, though, I was kind of disappointed there were less characters than last time.

At least we got Team Dark.  

And Team Hero. And Eggman.

I was kind of hoping to see "Team Vector" since neither Blaze nor Silver have ever made it into animated material (Vector has been in Sonic X and Sonic Boom).


However it is very expressive and I suppose what it lacks in characters it makes up for in visuals.


I still have some hope that there will be a surprise "Part 3" (considering Mania Adventures--which had 6 parts to begin with--had an additional 7th). But the game comes out in May, and TSR is not a part of the "main series" (as a racing game, it's a spin-off). It likely does not have as much of a priority. I wonder what kind of opening TSR will have (if any).


Crush 40's song for the game, "Green Light Ride" is also used in this short. Crush 40, of course, is known for their Sonic themes and haven't made the title theme since 2009 (since then they've done some covers as well as "Sonic Youth"). I know I keep stressing this, but it's a long time coming (TEN YEARS? How did that happen?). 


Ultimately, I hope that Sega continues to work with Tyson Hesse and that these shorts become a regular alongside new games. They're awesome, creative, and too good to ignore.   

Unlike trailers.

No comments:

Post a Comment