Friday, February 5, 2021

The Potential of "Sonic Prime"

I've already discussed some of my hopes/hesitations about the new Sonic cartoon. But now there's more to it. Now it's "Sonic Prime." 

YEARS ago, I wanted to see a union of the Sonic cartoons I was watching. Basically I wanted Turtles Forever before that was a thing, but with Sonic. 

Cartoons, comics, games: there's a mountain of characters and ideas. Even if some were limited to cameos, it would still be a lot of hype for fans.     

I don't think it will happen. Sega owns Sonic, but the rights of individual creations have certain owners (for example, I think Sonic X is owned both by Sega, the Japanese company that made it, and whoever got what was left of 4kids--which made the dub). And it's safe to say anything Penders-made is long dead.  

In the back of my mind I still hoped it would happen someday. Maybe as a fan creation. Maybe since the "Sonic Movie" is about dimensions, there would be some multiverse thing and some cameos from the games or something. Now "Sonic Prime" might have a chance to do that even better. 

The plot is directly involved in other dimensions. I'm hoping to at the very least see Blaze the Cat. But will the writers take the risks and involve the hedgehog's huge past, or will they ignore it and do their own thing?

No comments:

Post a Comment