Monday, April 6, 2020

USA vs JAPAN: Sonic CD's Music


So Sonic CD had two soundtracks, an original version and a different one for North America. I generally say I prefer the US version, but I know some of the Japanese tracks are good as well.

In fact, I find it surprising that fans get so hostile over which is better. There are a lot of people who like the Japanese version and don't give its replacement a chance. On the other hand, those who were used to playing with the NA version naturally are more attached to it. In either way, it seems like people stick to their favorites for nostalgia's sake rather than deciding which was better in for the game itself.

That being said, I'm giving both a shot and I will try be less biased. From past experience, I liked both, but I'm interested in seeing if it's just that I like a few tracks so much that they overshadow the others, or if I like one as a whole better. 

Note: Just as a reminder, the past is the same in both versions. I will try to take into account how well the US matches or doesn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment